Wednesday, March 20, 2013

ARRT Says: Universal Health Care Is A Human Right!

The Union of Maine Visual Artists "Art Rapid Response Team" (AART) has produced several banners for communicating the message that health care is a human right. Share them, wear them, and let our collective voices cry out that we are both literally sick and sick at heart from spending $3-5 TRILLION attacking and occupying Iraq -- while people go without health care.






The lady who does my hair was limping when I saw her last time. She had been kicked in the knee by a horse back in the fall, and then missed the last step on the stairs causing her knee to go out. She was wearing a knee brace and planning to spend the entire day standing and working on people's hair.

"You must have been tempted to call in sick," I said, and she agreed, but said she needed to earn money. She is middle aged, and as a self-employed hairdresser she cannot afford health insurance. Obamacare did not fix that. The doctor she consulted advised a "mega expensive test" and probably surgery, neither of which she can afford.

This ARRT banner is for her:

And this one:

2 comments:

Regina said...

Hey – great blog, just looking around some blogs, seems a really nice platform you are using. I’m currently using WordPress for a few of my blogs but looking to change one of them over to a platform similar to yours as a trial run. Anything in particular you would recommend about it?

Lisa Savage said...

Thanks for your kind words.

I use so many Google platforms it just seems easy to stay with Blogger. I started using it in the first place because my friend Bruce Gagnon uses it for his excellent blog Organizing Notes. The tools to insert images, links, etc. work pretty much the same as Gmail so what I learn how to do in one applies to the other. Plus, Google makes it so much easier for the NSA to spy on me.